Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Shipping charge for "free shipping" products in eBay

Few days back, I bought a HDMI cable from eBay. The seller had advertised that the product has "free shipping" for local delivery within Bangalore.

But when on checking out the product, eBay had included shipping charge of Rs. 49. I didn't get why they added the shipping charge even though the product is to shipped and delivered within Bangalore.

I went on to purchase the product. I paid the shipping charges. Then I mailed the seller (epresent) seeking explanation on why the shipping charge is added for local delivery.

Below is the mail conversation between me and the seller "epresent".
me: It was said that the shipping is free for delivery within seller's city. The item location is said to be "Bangalore" and my shipping address is "Bangalore". Even then I was added with the shipping charge Rs. 49.
Can you please let me know why I was charged Rs. 49 extra for the shipping.
epresent: Dear sir from our side we offer shipping free for local deliveries but the system decides according to the postcode which order is local
me: Thanks for your response.
So I understand that there is a problem with the ebay e-commerce site. And because of this, you get the shipping charges even though you advertise that "shipping free". And customers are at recieving end ;-(.
If so, this is not fair.
epresent: We are here to serve you so please share your bank account details we will refund the Rs 49 charged thank you
me: I appreciate your attitude. I was more concerned on trust over money. I saw many such complaints on internet forums. Hence I just wanted to know where the issue is.
I would be more happy if you could fix this issue with ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment