Thursday, May 22, 2014

My New Machine - ASUS X550LD

Bought ASUS X550LD (XX082D) laptop - Core I7 (4th gen), 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GT 820M graphics card and 2GB VRAM. But with DOS. OS didn't matter a much as I am used to Ubuntu.


As on 17May2014, flipkart price was Rs. 55000. But I gave a try in SP Road, Bangalore. Got it for Rs. 54000. Got a ASUS laptop bag, INTEX wireless keyboard & mouse, and laptop keyboard protective film free along with the laptop.

Installed Ubuntu-14.04 LTS successfully. But the touchpad is not responding. Have to find a proper driver for that.

3 comments:

  1. Harish4:51 PM

    Hi,
    Can you give a review of the laptop? How do you like it after using for the past few months? Were you able to fix the touchpad issue?

    Thanks,
    Harish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy with the laptop. Battery comes for a 3 hours use. The issue is with the touchpad. I couldn't find a proper driver for that. Hence I use an external wireless mouse. Even with external wireless mouse, there was a weird behavior with cursor. The cursor moves left often automatically. After I disabled the touchpad, this weird behavior of cursor disappeared. You can refer the thread http://askubuntu.com/questions/464935/weird-pointermousetouchpad-functionality-in-ubuntu-asus-x550l.

      Delete
  2. Purushoth8:25 PM

    Hi, I also use this laptop; please let me know if touchpad issue has been fixed. I am looking out to use Ubuntu on this device.

    ReplyDelete