Thursday, October 30, 2008

Deepavali'08 - festival of lights





Went hometown for Deepavali. My hometown 'Valliyur' is 695 KM down south to Chennai.

Deepavali was on 27-Oct-08. I set-off for hometown on 25-Oct-08 evening. On 25-Oct-08 evening, reaching the railway station was a very horrible experience. Chennai has never experienced such heavy rainfall recently.

Rain water logged the road. I was in an auto-rickshaw to reach the railway station. It should be said that the auto-rickshaw sailed through the water. I was threatened by the driver that the auto-rickshaw would stop if the rain water enters the silencer. By god's grace I reached the railway station.

Celebrated Diwali - not by crackers, by sitting around my parents and sharing the lighter moments.

This time we didn't even spend a single paise on crackers. Not interested on that too.

The above pictures are those I took for the sake I have a digital camera ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment